Thursday 13 March 2014

THE CHARM OF A BYGONE ERA

There is a particular charm to full skirts, especially those that are all puffed up and below the knee, reminiscent of the swinging 60's. I first wore this skirt in Milan at the S/S Fashion week 2013 where it received a few stares, in awe I hope! The heydays had a particular elegance, and made a remarkable impression on fashion and the revival of trends. We've also seen the return of over sized and swing coats with wide collars this year, firmly taking it's place in the front row at the recent fashion weeks, with cat eye sunglasses taking the look to the next level. My sunnies are all in the spirit of the bygone era, and the Mary Jane shoes equally at home with the trend of full skirts. I have no intention to discard this work of art after the season, and hope to be sporting this skirt long after it's demise as a fashionable trend......perhaps making it my own signature look?
 Button up shirt -old
Skirt - Belle Epoque
Shoes - Asos
Handbag -2.55 Chanel
Neckpiece - Sass Diva
Sunglasses - Dior

24 comments:

  1. Stunning!!! You look so elegant and classy! The skirt is amazing. Just a perfect outfit.

    Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very pretty! I'm just in the midst of finishing off a pleated skirt now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, I think this is your signature look at this time!

    blue hue wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are FABULOUS!!! I completely love the glamorous way you wear your outfits. Your skirt and shades are perfect and your t-strap heels divine.
    XO
    Carelia

    MySmallWardrobe.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello,Ciao...Wow,this look of yours is Breathtaking...what a Charisma you're shining!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful outfit, gorgeous skirt! I got myself a full midi skirt in red and also love it so much... Sara

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG!!!!! I am totally in live with that skirt!!!! It's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful outfit ! the skirt really suits you, best wishes x.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is simply a beautiful outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The most beautiful skirt in the WORLD, and you wear it with such a panache, my dear friend.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been looking for a skirt like that for ages now! And you look just perfect in it, so very elegant!

    La Vie en Mode by N.

    ReplyDelete
  12. looooove those shoes and that skirt!!! fabulous!!!

    love, polly
    pollybland.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have a great collection of skirts, always amazing!!!!!
    I really love this chic combo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Happy sunday doll!!!
    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look very elegant, beautiful look!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, that midi skirt is gorgeous! I love how you paired it with a simple top and shoes to keep it classy.
    xo ~kim & chloe

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look stunning and the skirt is a gem! I am eyeing a few pairs from Tibi :)

    Mrs Jack Of All Trades
    www.mjoat.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your beautifully elegant midi skirt, so graceful and sophisticated! Have a great week doll!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You could choose other elements for a signature look, but damn, girl, you look fabulous in this one! I'm obsessed with this skirt style, and can't find one except for my leather one. I'm going to lay out fabric this afternoon and see if I can make my own! Aren't they great? And I'm glad to see you wearing these pretty T-straps .. I have similar ones, and wear them with enthusiasm even if they aren't for us short girls! Not as well as you, though, I admit. Pretty you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOve the skirt on YOU!Just found your site………….need to explore more!
    54 in JULY!

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOWH!! You are so elegant. Thanks for your comment at my blog. So I know yours. KSS

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the skirt :) beautiful :)))
    Hugs Beta

    ReplyDelete