Monday 3 November 2014

INDIAN SUMMER

When in Rome, you do as the Romans do, and when in Rajasthan, India, you  succumb to the bright colours and share in the joy of wearing bright costume and attire. I grew a progressive fondness for the bright and vibrant colours as we proceeded further North into the province, and by the time I reached Udaipur, I sported full regalia in the brightest green and blue imaginable. Our port of entry was New Delhi, where we approached Agra to visit the famous Taj Mahal. I was determined to wear traditional garb for the occassion to the magnificent monument. I scaled the street stalls, markets and bazaars of New Delhi, and  found this lovely dress at Westside, a department store in India, where one can shop for every colour and style that you can imagine from traditional Saree's to tunics and dresses, all worn with pants or leggings. It represents a typical Rajasthan style, with a slightly fitted top  and  flair bottom embellished around the seam, and worn with pants tapered down to the ankle. I should have added a scarf that ought to be twisted around the neck, falling down the side, but the tropical heat, even in winter, deterred me from adding any more cloth than already engulfed in. 



Dress - Westside, India
Shoes - Old
Location, India

11 comments:

  1. Sooooooooooo very beautiful, you look amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics and amazing outfit dear! Kisses.
    http://www.solaanteelespejo.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This outfit is amazing, so unusual and you look fantastic!

    Have a lovely day! See you in less than two months!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The photos are stunning and really reflect the colours and beauty of India! I absolutely adore what you are wearing.
    xo
    styleontheside.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Very beautiful dress , amazing outfit. Love it. Very stylish etno .Best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful. Can I be just like you in my next life, please? Killer, just killer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. so fun that you just came back from india too! and love the traditional dress you picked up! isn't the taj beautiful- that has got to be the greatest structure a man has ever built for a woman!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What you are with this stylish look Indian style.
    You look like a goddess.
    I relish your style.
    Have a classy dress and you know very well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful pics, I love your indian style.... so glamorouse!!!!!

    Kisses, love Paola.

    Expressyourself

    My Facebook

    ReplyDelete