Sunday 31 May 2015

A WINTER'S TALE

The first winter rain announces new life, washes away the dirt and dust, and brings new opportunity  to layer and feel the tactile luxury of woollen fabrics. My weekend away required some skilful packing as the weather forecast was one of gloom. When the ocean along the Atlantic coast swells out to a huge wave and breaks over the coastal road, that's when you unpack the puffer coat. This is what I enjoy most about winter dressing, getting all snug in luscious wool and heavy drapes. Since our weekend mostly involved indoor activities  like movies, pampering, dining and shopping, I decided to opt for a skirt while roaming the V & A.  Puffer jackets are ideal when it rains as it's both water repellant and protects you against the harsh South Eastern wind, known as the Cape Doctor. When Table Mountain is covered in a blanket of fog....you hail out the puffer coat. 












Puffer coat - Queenspark
Skirt - Promod
Suede Boots - Zara
Location - Twelve Apostles Hotel

13 comments:

  1. I don't like winter at all but the layering of clothes is great! You look wonderful. Very nice outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Martina, our winters are not quite as cold as winter in Prague!

      Delete
  2. A very nice and elegant look, I love this color scheme. Beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look wonderful my dear & these pictures of the landscape are amazing!! Happy week to you xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would welcome winter in a heartbeat with our current weather here in Dubai! Winter or not, you look amazing and so put together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice look but I prefer pencil skirt, rather. Amazing photos.Best

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute fhotos and great look! Kisses.
    http://www.solaanteelespejo.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree..I like getting cozy with layers and puffer:) You look great as usual...wish we had some cold..it's 95 degrees where I live...Coco

    ReplyDelete